About The Study
WORKING ON PAIN.
The Women’s Outcomes Research and Knowledge (WORK) Study:
- is from Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine.
- explores women’s experiences with pelvic pain (pain in the lower part of the tummy or abdomen) and the medical care they receive.
- Many women experience pelvic pain, but it can often take years to find the cause of the pain and properly treat it.
- For this study, we are learning about the different types of pain women have and the many ways it is addressed, such as taking medications or visiting health care providers.
- The information we collect will help us understand how factors like family history or where a woman lives could impact the health care she receives.
The Purpose of the Study is to:
- Assess how long women have pelvic pain and how it affects their lives.
- Compare different treatments and types of care provided to women with pelvic pain.
- Look for characteristics associated with types of pain and response to treatment.
- Identify factors influencing the journey to successful care.
WE HOPE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED FOR THIS STUDY WILL HELP WOMEN WITH PELVIC PAIN.
Call (616) 234-2858 or email the W.O.R.K. Study team: LetsWork@msu.edu