Jae-Wook Jeong, Ph.D. is a Professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology at Michigan State University. He received his BS degree and Ph.D. in Microbiology from Korea University, South Korea. He continued his post-doctoral training in Reproductive Biology at the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
My research is devoted to understanding the molecular mechanisms regulating normal physiology and disease development in the uterus. The investigation of the regulation of reproductive biology is critical in understanding causes, treatments, and preventions for reproductive disorders. We have focused on major regulators of the ovarian steroids progesterone and estrogen. My laboratory has developed and applied several genetically engineered mouse models as well as translational studies to understand the factors that regulate uterine epithelial-stroma crosstalk in controlling uterine epithelial cell proliferation and receptivity for embryo attachment. Current studies are aimed at the application of these genetic model systems to further study and understand the role of steroid hormones in women’s health, with the ultimate goal of developing therapies effective against reproductive disorders.
- Tae Hoon Kim, Jung-Yoon Yoo, Kyung-Chul Choi, Jung-Ho Shin, Richard E. Leach, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Steven L. Young, Bruce A. Lessey, Ho-Geun Yoon, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2019) Loss of HDAC3 results in non-receptive endometrium and female infertility. Science Translational Medicine 2019 Jan 9; 11(474)
- Xiaoqiu Wang, Xilong Li, Tianyuan Wang, San-pin Wu, Jae-Wook Jeong, Tae Hoon Kim, Steven Young, Bruce Lessey, Rainer Lanz, John Lydon, and Francesco DeMayo (2018) SOX17 regulates uterine epithelial-stromal crosstalk acting via a distal enhancer upstream of Ihh. Nature Communications 2018 Oct 24;9(1):4421 PMID: 30356064
- Jung-Yoon Yoo, Woo Sub Yang, Jae Hee Lee, Byung Gak Kim, Russell R. Broaddus, Jeong M. Lim, Tae Hoon Kim, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2018) MIG-6 negatively regulates STAT3 phosphorylation in uterine epithelial cells. Oncogene 2018 Jan 11;37(2):255-262 PMID: 28925396
- Seung-Hyun Lee, JaeSung Seo, Soo-Yeon Park, Mi-Hyeon Jeong, Hyo-Kyoung Choi, Chan-Joo Lee, Mi Jeong Kim, Garam Guk, SooYeon Lee, Hyewon Park, Jae-Wook Jeong, Chang Hoon Ha, Sungha Park, and Ho-Geun Yoon (2018) Programmed cell death 5 suppresses AKT-mediated cytoprotection of endothelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018; 115(18):4672-4677 PMID: 29588416
- Jung-Yoon Yoo, Jong Il Ahn,Tae Hoon Kim, Sungryul Yu, Ji Yeon Ahn, Jeong Mook Lim, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2017) G-protein coupled receptor 64 is required for decidualization of endometrial stromal cells. Scientific Reports 2017 Jul 10; 7(1):5021 PMID: 28694502
- Cory A. Rubel, San-Pin Wu, Lin Lin, Tianyuan Wang, Rainer B. Lanz, Xilong Li, Ramakrishna Kommagani, Heather L. Franco, Sally A. Camper, Qiang Tong, Jae-Wook Jeong, John P. Lydon, Francesco J. DeMayo (2016) A Gata2 dependent transcription network regulates uterine progesterone responsiveness and endometrial function. Cell Rep. 2016 Oct 25; 17(5):1414-1425. PMID: 27783953
- Tae Hoon Kim, Jung-Yoon Yoo, Zhong Wang, John P. Lydon, Shikha Khatri, Shannon M. Hawkins, Richard E. Leach, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Steven L. Young, Bruce A. Lessey, Bon Jeong Ku, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2015) ARID1A is essential for endometrial function during early pregnancy. PLoS Genet 2015 Sep 17; 11(9):e1005537 PMID: 26378916
- Ren-Wei Su, Michael R. Strug, Jae-Wook Jeong, Lucio Miele, and Asgerally T. Fazleabasa (2016) Aberrant Activation of Canonical Notch1 Signaling in the Mouse Uterus Decreases Pgr via Hypermethylation and Leads to Infertility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016 Feb 23; 113(8):2300-5 PMID: 26858409
- Byung Gak Kim, Jung-Yoon Yoo, Tae Hoon Kim, Jung-Ho Shin, John F. Langenheim, Susan D. Ferguson, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Seven L. Young, Bruce A. Lessey, and Jae-Wook Jeong (2015) Aberrant activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 (STAT3) signaling in endometriosis. Hum Reprod. 2015 May; 30(5):1069-78 PMID: 25750101
- Hyo-Kyoung Choi, Youngsok Choi, Eun-Seong Park, Soo-Yeon Park, Jae-Wook Jeong, Jae-Ho Jeong, Mi-Hyeon Jeong, Peter C.W. Lee, Kyung-Chul Choi, and Ho-Geun Yoon (2015) Programmed cell death 5 (PDCD5) mediates HDAC3 decay to promote genotoxic stress response. Nature Communications. 2015 Jun 16; 6:7390 PMID: 26077467